Friday, 20 January 2012

New Duke of Edinburgh's Award blog and mobile app

You may or may not have noticed the  "DofE" tab that has been sat on the pages bar for the last couple of weeks, it had originally been my plan to integrate what I want to write about DofE on this blog, however it rapidly became clear that a separate blog was needed and so here we are click

There have been 4 major influences in my life which have lead me to become the man I am today; my mum,dad and family, DofE, Air Cadets and my education, all of which have been important to me (family more so than any other). DofE has always been something I have been passionate about, and I been involved in it since the age of 14 - both as a participant and as a leader, the whole idea of the DofE blog is to bring my passion for the Duke of Edinburgh's Award to people who might need some help, the new blog will feature DofE specific articles on all aspects of the expedition section of DofE including kit reviews, video guides and much more. The aim being to try and spread the DofE resources I have spent many hours creating to people who need them! It's still under construction so definitely watch this space and stay tuned!

Scan me (Android only)
I also knocked up a quick Android mobile app using an online app maker, I do have a full app in the works that will hopefully feature a simple GPS feature, as well as articles and exclusive content. The app available through the barcode to the right is just a simple strip down version of the website, the content will update when connected to WiFi or Mobile internet, it's not graphics heavy so it's easy to view the latest posts! It also has Google maps with basic GPS functionality. Any feedback welcome!

10 comments:

  1. Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work.
    Mobile-Universe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am expecting more interesting topics from you. And this was nice content and definitely it will be useful for many people.

    Mobile App Development Company in Chennai
    Web Design Company in Chennai
    Web development Company in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.
    iOS Training in Chennai
    Android Training in Chennai
    php Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's interesting that many of the bloggers your tips helped to clarify a few things for me as well as giving.. very specific nice content. And tell people specific ways to live their lives.Sometimes you just have to yell at people and give them a good shake to get your point across.
    Mobile App Development Company
    Android app Development Company
    ios app development Company
    Mobile App Development Companies

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to tell you that this write-up is awesome, great written and include almost all important info. I would like to see a lot more articles like this.
    Web Design company in Hubli | web designing in Hubli | SEO company in Hubli

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty article! I found some useful information in your blog, it was awesome to read, thanks for sharing this great content to my vision, keep sharing..
    Android App Development Company
    Android App Development Company

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just want to say that all the information you have given here is awesome...great and nice blog thanks sharing..Thank you very much for this one. And i hope this will be useful for many people.. and i am waiting for your next post keep on updating these kinds of knowledgeable things...
    Web Design Development Company
    Web design Company in Chennai
    Web development Company in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  8. it is really amazing...thanks for sharing....provide more useful information...
    Mobile app development company

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wondered upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.
    Software Development

    ReplyDelete