Wednesday 6 July 2011

Alpine sunshine

Greetings from the alpine town of argentiere la besse, its around 25degrees with a light breeze and I'm sitting in the sun with a glass of wine. Just had a fantastic day sport climbing on some of the local crags and then a swim in the lake. My tan is coming along nicely.

Have been wearing my La Sportiva Rock Jock shoes all day and my feet have been comfy the whole time. They stick to the rock perfectly and the technical toe and sides has been a god send on some of the 6a's. The rock has been warm and beautiful the climb on.

I've been using my longer DMM phantom quickdraws for the over hanging routes and have been good as usual, I feel however, that something lighter may have been better.

The Petzl meteor helmet has been fantastic in the 35degree heat and has kept my head well ventilated and cool (unlike my grivel salamander). Its light design and vents on the side, front and back allow you to be comfy in it all day if necessary.

My oakley straight jackets have been superb, no glare at all. The sun over here is extremely bright even from early morning.

A quick visit to the supermarket yielded an impressive bounty of 24 beers and 5 litres of wine all for 10 euros. Happy days.

Au revoir for now
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment