Sunday, 8 May 2011
some research into this, and have come up with 3 good points of interest for anyone looking at first time alpine routes in this area.
1) http://map.schweizmobil.ch/?lang=en ; this website gives free access to 1:25k mapping of the Swiss alps. Very useful, and can be printed out in pages.
2) http://www.aacuk.org.uk/membership.aspx the Austrian Alpine Club (UK branch) is worth joining. For £32 (if born 1986 or before, £42 if born after), you get discounted rates at huts, alpine rescue insurance, access to a Bergsteigeressen (Climbers meal), and many more benefits.!
3) http://www.summitpost.org/mont-blanc-de-cheilon/150218 ; summitpost is awesome, and provides excellent information on routes/peaks etc
In the next few months I will produce a detailed equipment guide of what I'm taking (time to revive the cut away photoshopping methinks....)
- Eco Gear: Given the green light?
- Budget Hill gear.....false economy?
- A new contributor...
- New website online!
- The Outdoors Company
- The OutDoor show 2011 - Friedrichshafen, Germany
- Stubai Atomy screwgate karabiner - first impressio...
- Petzl Ange Finesse - First impressions
- Petzl Meteor III ....what's all the fuss about?
- Mountain Equipment Sleeping bags - new purchase......
- MLTE training books
- CAMP Air Cam failure - conclusion
- Climbing games book - Paul Smith
- Alpine dreaming....
- ▼ May (15)
- ► 2010 (22)